beef steaks with tangy corn relish
- 4 Top Blade Steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- TANGY CORN RELISH
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) corn, undrained
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in corn, vinegar and ground red pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove.
Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Remove; season with garlic salt.
Return corn relish to skillet. Add green onions; heat through. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition information per serving: 229 calories; 1 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 51 mg cholesterol; 253 mg sodium; 11 g carbohydrate; 1.6 g fiber; 24 g protein; 4 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 3 mcg vitamin B12; 2.7 mg iron; 17.4 mcg selenium; 7.9 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.