beef steak gyros
Try the ever popular gyro with tender beef Flat Iron Steaks. Serve this with a refreshing yogurt sauce. This recipe is soon to be a family favorite.
- 2 beef Flat Iron Steaks (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 4 whole wheat pita bread
- YOGURT SAUCE
- 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced tomatoes, sliced sweet onions
- Combine Yogurt Sauce ingredients in small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Combine oregano and garlic; press evenly onto beef steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 11 to 14 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve beef in pita pockets with tomatoes, onion and yogurt sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 402 Calories; 13.1 Calories from fat; 13.1g Total Fat (5.1 g Saturated Fat; 0.4 g Trans Fat; 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 75 mg Cholesterol; 738 mg Sodium; 41 g Total Carbohydrate; 4 g Dietary Fiber; 31 g Protein; 4.6 mg Iron; 552 mg Potassium; 5.2 mg Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 5.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 9.4 mg Zinc; 63 mcg Selenium; 119.2 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, and Potassium.