beef steak al forno
Flat Iron Steaks takes center stage in this delicious yet super simple Italian-inspired recipe. Just add fresh thyme, garlic, pepper and Parmesan cheese for a meal that's sure to delight.
- 4 beef Flat Iron Steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine thyme, garlic and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- During last 2 minutes of grilling, sprinkle with cheese. Season with salt, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 344 Calories; 20g Total Fat; 8g Saturated Fat; 8g Monounsaturated Fat; 125mg Cholesterol; 157mg Sodium; 1g Total carbohydrate; 38g Protein; 4.4mg Iron; 5.7mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 8.8mcg Vitamin B12; 13.6mg Zinc; 57.1mcg Selenium; 0.2g Fiber;