beef skewers with garlicky white bean dip
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) great Northern beans or cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin oilve oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- To prepare Garlicky White Bean Dip, place beans, water, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and salt in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until smooth. Spoon 1/2 of bean dip into clear serving bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon paprika and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Top with remaining bean dip, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover; set aside.
- Soak sixteen 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Meanwhile cut beef steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Thread beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer. Combine garlic-pepper seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon paprika; sprinkle evenly over beef.
- Place skewers on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil about 4 to 5 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Serve with Garlicky White Bean Dip.
TEST KITCHEN TIPS: Bean dip may also be served in a shallow dish. Spread entire dip mixture into dish. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika on top; drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil.