beef satay & spicy peanut sauce
Strips of steak are marinated and grilled, then dipped in a creamy and tangy peanut lime sauce.
- 1 pound beef Top Round Steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Asian-style dressing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Soak twelve 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut steak into 1/8-inch strips; set aside.
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl; reserve 1/2 for basting. Add beef strips; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Thread beef, weaving back and forth onto each skewer. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, about 2 to 3 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining marinade. Serve with peanut sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 130 Calories; 7g Total Fat; 1.6g Saturated Fat; 1.7g Polyunsaturated Fat; 3.3g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.1g Trans Fat; 25mg Cholesterol; 176mg Sodium; 208mg Potassium; 6g Total carbohydrate; 11g Protein; 1.2mg Iron; 4mg Niacin; 0.3mg Vitamin B6; 33.9mg Choline; 0.7mcg Vitamin B12; 1.8mg Zinc; 9.5mcg Selenium; 0.6g Fiber.