beef mole power bites
Ground Beef, pinto beans, and Mexican-style ingredients come together for a unique one-bite snack to fuel your day.
- 1 1/2 cups fully cooked Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 1/2 cups drained and rinsed canned pinto beans
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Combine Ground Beef, beans, honey, eggs, cocoa powder, applesauce, egg white, chile powder, oil, chipotle peppers, chocolate, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla and cumin in food processor. Cover; process 1 minute or until smooth, scraping sides of container as needed.
- Pour batter into large bowl; stir in pepitas and raisins. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Remove baking pan; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours; roll into 1 inch balls. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Cook's Tip: Bites may be rolled in cocoa powder, seeds or finely chopped nuts, as desired.