beef jerky granola bars
Mix store-bought Beef Jerky with a blend of nuts, seeds, and fruit to create a granola bar that will stick to your ribs longer than the rest. Make these to last all week or before an activity with family or friends.
- 16 ounces beef jerky, chopped
- 4 cups quick oats
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix thoroughly. Pat into prepared baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cooled; slice into bars. Bars should be covered and stored in refrigerator.
Cook's Tip: In place of almonds, cranberries, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips, you may substitute any of the following making sure the total amount is 2 cups: peanuts, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, pecans, pretzels, dried cherries, raisins, coconut flakes, pepitas, white chocolate chips, etc..
Nutrition information per serving: 388 Calories; 17.2g Total Fat; 6.5g Saturated Fat; 2.6g Polyunsaturated Fat; 5.8g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.1g Trans Fat; 22mg Cholesterol; 622mg Sodium; 401mg Potassium; 45g Total carbohydrate; 16g Protein; 3.2mg Iron; 1mg Niacin; 0.1mg Vitamin B6; 57.6mg Choline; 0.4mcg Vitamin B12; 2.9mg Zinc; 10.1mcg Selenium; 3.6g Fiber.