beef jerky burger sliders
- 3/4 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 4 ounces beef jerky, 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Colby-Jack cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- 8 slider hamburger buns
- 3 tablespoons prepared garlic mayonnaise
- 2 cups loosely packed mixed salad greens
- 8 slices tomatoes
- Combine Ground Beef, jerky, salt and pepper; mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Divide mixture into 8 equal balls. Press into slider patties, about 2-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 11 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Top each slider with cheese; cook until cheese is just melted.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Spread mayonnaise on bottom of each bun. Top mayonnaise with salad greens, tomato, burger patty. Close sandwiches.
Nutrition information per serving: 274 Calories; 10.7 Calories from fat; 10.7g Total Fat (2.5 g Saturated Fat; 0 g Trans Fat; 3.5 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 58 mg Cholesterol; 615 mg Sodium; 25 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.6 g Dietary Fiber; 22 g Protein; 2.5 mg Iron; 235 mg Potassium; 3.2 mg Niacin; 0.2 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 3.2 mg Zinc; 10.6 mcg Selenium; 50.1 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Vitamin B12, and Zinc; and a good source of Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Selenium, and Choline.