beef fried rice
This is a perfect side dish for any Asian isprired recipe.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (prepared without butter or salt)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 celery sticks
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; keep warm.
Heat same skillet over medium-high until hot. Add bell pepper, peas, green onions, ginger and garlic; stir-fry about 1 minute. Stir in beef, rice, soy sauce and black pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with celery sticks, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.