beef, dark chocolate and cherry power bites
Enjoy this protein-packed treat to get you through the day. The flavors of cherry and dark chocolate make this a tasty one-bite snack.
- 1 1/2 cups Fully-cooked Ground Beef Crumbles (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 1/2 cups soft-cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 whole egg white
- 1 oz dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8-inch square banking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine Ground Beef, beans, honey, cocoa powder, applesauce, eggs, dark chocolate, oil, baking powder, vanilla extract and pepper in food processor container. Pulse on and off for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Stir together batter, walnuts and dried cherries in large bowl. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake in 350°F 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove baking pan; cool to room temperature. . Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours; roll into 1 inch balls. Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.
Cook's Tip: Power Bites may be rolled in chopped nuts, seeds, or cocoa powder, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 233 Calories; 92.7 Calories from fat; 10.3g Total Fat (2.7 g Saturated Fat; 0.1 g Trans Fat; 2.9 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 3.9 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 59 mg Cholesterol; 84 mg Sodium; 24 g Total Carbohydrate; 3.3 g Dietary Fiber; 13.2 g Protein; 2.4 mg Iron; 313 mg Potassium; 2.4 mg Niacin; 0.2 mg Vitamin B6; 1 mcg Vitamin B12; 2.9 mg Zinc; 11.1 mcg Selenium; 66.1 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, and Zinc; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, Iron, Potassium, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Selenium, and Choline.