Certified by the American Heart Association, this traditional chili couldn't be any easier. Simply brown lean Ground Beef, add in pantry-friendly ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. The result? A chili that tastes like it's been cooking for hours.
- 1 pound 96% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) unsalted beef broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies or jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160?°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Stir in beans, broth, tomatoes, green chilies and chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally. Garnish with Toppings, as desired.
Optional Toppings:Sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro leaves, sliced green onion, shredded Cheddar cheese
Nutrition information per serving: Heart-Check certification does not apply to optional toppings unless expressly stated. 304 Calories; 6.4g Total Fat; 2.7g Saturated Fat; 0.1g Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.3g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.1g Trans Fat; 76mg Cholesterol; 500mg Sodium; 885mg Potassium; 26.8g Total carbohydrate; 34.3g Protein; 6.1mg Iron; 7.4mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 107.6mg Choline; 2.4mcg Vitamin B12; 6.8mg Zinc; 20.6mcg Selenium; 10.7g Fiber;