beef and vegetable skillet
- 1 1/4 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cups hot cooked rice, prepared without butter or salt
Cut beef steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/4 inch strips. Toss with sesame oil and garlic.
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (1/2 at a time); stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
In same skillet, add bell pepper, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and water; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Add spinach and green onions; cook until spinach is just wilted. Stir in ketchup, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and beef; heat through. Serve over rice.