beef and vegetable cheesesteak sandwich
- 12 ounces reserved cooked Pepper-Crusted Tri-Tip Roast, thinly sliced
- 2 small red, green or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 3/4 reserved Garlic-Sherry sauce
- 1/3 cup processed cheese dip
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 4 sandwich rolls (each 6 inches long), split, toasted
Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add bell peppers and onion; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until peppers are tender and onions are golden brown. Add Garlic-Sherry Sauce; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is hot. Stir in beef roast. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine cheese dip and beer, if desired, in small microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on HIGH 45 to 60 seconds or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Divide beef mixture evenly over bottom of each roll. Top evenly with cheese sauce. Close sandwiches.
Nutrition information per serving: 496 calories; 14 g fat (5.6 g saturated fat; 3.6 g monounsaturated fat); 80 mg cholesterol; 1241 mg sodium; 58 g carbohydrate; 3.7 g fiber; 35 g protein; 10.7 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg vitamin B12; 4.3 mg iron; 27.6 mcg selenium; 4.4 mg zinc; 90.8 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and choline.