beef and cream cheese bagelwich
- 12 ounces cooked beef (such as steak, roast, pot roast or deli roast beef), thinly sliced
- 4 thin-style flavored bagels or regular bagels, split
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons nanpareil capers
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 4 thin slices red onion-separated into rings
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- nonpareil capers
Spread cream cheese evenly on cut sides of each bagel half. Evenly sprinkle capers over cream cheese. Evenly top with tomato slices and onion rings; top with beef. Garnish with additional capers, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat (see tip).
Nutrition information per serving: 305 calories; 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 71 mg cholesterol; 473 mg sodium; 27 g carbohydrate; 5.5 g fiber; 29 g protein; 4.3 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.8 mcg vitamin B12; 4.2 mg iron; 26.4 mcg selenium; 5.6 mg zinc; 4.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6.