bbq beef skillet with cornbread
Enjoy your favorite barbecue flavors with this steak and cornbread skillet dish!
- 2 beef Bottom Round Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Cornbread or corn muffins
- Combine barbecue sauce with water. Pour barbecue sauce mixture in large skillet. Add steaks. Separate onions into rings and add to skillet.
- Bring barbecue mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove Steaks; keep warm. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Carve Steaks into thin slices. Serve with sauce and cornbread.
Nutrition information per 3-oz serving: 218 Calories; 7g Total Fat; 2g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; 72mg Cholesterol; 546mg Sodium; 12g Total carbohydrate; 28g Protein; 2.9mg Iron; 5.4mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 1.5mcg Vitamin B12; 4.8mg Zinc; 31.3mcg Selenium; 1.3g Fiber.