bbq beef brisket with smoky cheddar-chili potatoes
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated fully-cooked sliced beef brisket with barbecue sauce
- 1/2 of a 22-ounce package frozen mashed potatoes (2 2/3 cups)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced canned chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Prepare beef brisket according to package directions.
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions, using only 1 cup milk.
- Add sour cream, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce to hot potatoes; mix well. Stir in cheese. Serve with barbecue beef.
Nutrition information per serving: 516 calories; 26 g fat; 93 mg cholesterol; 1417 mg sodium; 46 g carbohydrate; 24 g protein; 4.6 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 3.6 mcg vitamin B12; 1.8 mg iron; 2.0 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12; and a good source of iron and zinc.