balsamic onion mocha flank steak
Ground espresso coffee and cocoa powder are the secret ingredients in this dish. Flank Steak never tasted so good!
- 1 beef Flank Steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground espresso coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Combine 1/3 cup vinaigrette, cocoa, coffee and pepper in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Place steak on rack of broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and remaining 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette in medium saucepan over medium heat, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat.
- Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Top with onion slices.
Nutrition information per serving: 190 Calories; 72 Calories from fat; 8g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 3 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 66 mg Cholesterol; 457 mg Sodium; 9 g Total Carbohydrate; 1 g Dietary Fiber; 24 g Protein; 1.7 mg Iron; 6.9 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.4 mg Zinc; 27.4 mcg Selenium; 91.76 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron, and Choline.