balsamic-glazed skirt steak beef rolls
Impress your dinner guests with this beautiful presentation. Colorful vegetables are rolled into flavorful Skirt Steak and drizzled with a balsamic reduction. Simply stunning.
- 1 beef Inside Skirt Steak (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks (2 to 3 inches long)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks (2 to 3 inches long)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into matchsticks (2 to 3 inches long)
- 1 zucchini, cut into matchsticks (2 to 3 inches long)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted beef broth
- Trim excess fat from beef Skirt Steak. Place steak flat on cutting board; vertically cut into eight pieces. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. Place steak pieces in food-safe plastic bag. Close bag securely and marinate 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- Heat large nonstick skillet on medium high heat until hot. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Add carrot, bell peppers and zucchini; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add Italian seasoning, lemon zest and lemon juice; stir until vegetables are coated. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 3 to 4 minutes until shallots are translucent. Add vinegar, sugar and broth. Bring to a boil; cook 5 to 6 minutes until mixture is reduced by half.
- Remove saucepan from heat; keep warm.
Remove steak from plastic bag; discard bag. Pat steak dry with paper towel. Please steak piece on coating board or plate; top with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture at top edge of each piece. Roll beef around vegetables; close with toothpick.
- Heat same skillet as used to cook vegetables over medium heat until hot. Place beef rolls, seam-side down in skillet; cook 14 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning often. Place rolls on serving platter; drizzle with balsamic mixture.
Nutrition information per serving: 290 Calories; 14.2 Calories from fat; 14.2g Total Fat (5.5 g Saturated Fat; 0.6 g Trans Fat; 0.7 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 5.9 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 84 mg Cholesterol; 463 mg Sodium; 15 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.9 g Dietary Fiber; 26 g Protein; 3.2 mg Iron; 568 mg Potassium; 6 mg Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 7.1 mg Zinc; 28.7 mcg Selenium; 56.5 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Potassium, and Choline.