Asian Cranberry-Ginger Sloppy Pockets
- 1 pound ground beef (80% to 85% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) cranberry sauce with whole cranberries
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (pre-packaged)
- 6 gluten-free pita pockets (6-inch diameter), cut in half corsswise, warmed
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings.
Add cranberry sauce, tomato paste, honey, garlic, ginger and salt to skillet with beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in coleslaw mix.
Fill each pita pocket evenly with beef mixture. Serve immediately.