asian barbecue steak
Do you like barbecue? Try this Asian-style barbecue steak recipe with ingredients you can find at any grocery store.
- 2 beef Sirloin Tip Side Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped green oinions (optional)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup marinade. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.)
- Carve steaks into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish with green onions, if desired. Serve with reserved marinade.
Nutrition information per serving: 193 Calories; 6 Calories from fat; 6g Total Fat (2 g Saturated Fat; 2 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 75 mg Cholesterol; 424 mg Sodium; 10 g Total Carbohydrate; 0.6 g Dietary Fiber; 24 g Protein; 2.2 mg Iron; 4.6 mg Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.1 mg Zinc; 26.8 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron.