apricot teriyaki beef stir-fry
The perfect end to a busy day. This simple and easy stir fry features Asian-inspired Flank Steak with apricot preserves, teriyaki sauce, ginger and sugar snap peas.
- 1 pound beef Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce (47% less sodium)
- 1/4 cup Apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces (1 package) frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine teriyaki sauce, apricot preserves and 1 teaspoon cornstarch in a blender container. Blend 30 seconds until smooth; set aside.
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Whisk egg white, remaining cornstarch and ginger in large bowl until smooth. Add beef; toss to coat.
- Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink (do not over cook). Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir-fry sugar snap peas 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Return beef to skillet. Carefully stir in apricot sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through. Serve over rice.
© Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.
Nutrition information per serving: 410 calories; 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 74 mg cholesterol; 1451 mg sodium; 48 g carbohydrate; 1.9 g fiber; 30 g protein; 8.4 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.7 mg iron; 35.5 mcg selenium; 4.8 mg zinc; 99.9 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.