ancho chile spiced street tacos with pineapple salsa and jalapeño crema
This might be the hottest recipe of the summer. Ancho chile spiced grilled Top Sirloin topped with jalapeno crema and a pineapple salsa and served as street tacos. Can't beat it.
- 1 Pound beef Top Sirloin Steak (1/4 inch dice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 8 - 4" corn tortillas
- Jalapeño Crema
- 1 Fresh California Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- Pineapple Salsa
- 6 fresh pineapple rings, grilled and chopped
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Crumbled Cotija cheese, fresh cilantro, diced onion
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Cook's Tip: Freeze your sirloin steak for up to 30 minutes to help aid in the cutting.
- In a medium size bowl combine beef, ancho Chile powder, salt, garlic, and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. In batches add in 1/2 the beef mixture and cook for 6 - 8 minutes siring occasionally. Repeat until all the beef is cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place avocado, lime juice, sour cream, salt and jalapeño peppers in bowl of food processor; pulse until smooth.
- In a medium size bowl combine pineapple, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Grill tortillas for 1 - 2 minutes on each side. Top of each tortilla with beef, then pineapple salsa, and top with jalapeno crema and additional garnish as desired.
Nutrition information per serving, 2 Tacos: 407 Calories; 186.3 Calories from fat; 20.7g Total Fat (4.4 g Saturated Fat; 0.1 g Trans Fat; 1.9 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 11.9 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 61 mg Cholesterol; 540 mg Sodium; 32 g Total Carbohydrate; 5.3 g Dietary Fiber; 11.8 g Total Sugars; 25 g Protein; 0 g Added Sugars; 47.5 mg Calcium; 2.1 mg Iron; 724 mg Potassium; 0.1 mcg Vitamin D; 0.23 mg Riboflavin; 10.2 mg NE Niacin; 0.75 mg Vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg Vitamin B12; 221 mg Phosphorus; 4.5 mg Zinc; 25.3 mcg Selenium; 96.6 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, Iron, Potassium, Riboflavin, Phosphorus, and Choline.