american beef pot roast & cheesy mashed potatoes
Use your microwave for a quick and easy meal any day of the week. Pot Roast served with cheesy mashed potatoes. What a great meal and a time saver!
- 1 package (1 34/ - 2 1/2 pounds) refrigerated fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
- 1 package (16 to 20 ounces) refrigerated or frozen ready-to-eat mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grain or Dijon-style mustard
- 3/4 cup canned Cheddar-flavored French-Fried onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions. Stir in cheese, milk and salt and pepper as desired; keep warm.
- Meanwhile remove pot roast from package. Transfer gravy to 2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Stir in mustard. Cut pot roast into 1-inch pieces. Combine beef with gravy mixture. Cover and microwave on HIGH 6 to 9 minutes or until hot, stirring once.
- Transfer beef mixture to platter; spoon potatoes around beef. Sprinkle with onions and parsley.
Nutrition information per serving: 349 Calories; 16g Total Fat; 6g Saturated Fat; 1g Monounsaturated Fat; 64mg Cholesterol; 1212mg Sodium; 27g Total carbohydrate; 24g Protein; 2mg Iron; 0.7mg Niacin; 0mg Vitamin B6; 2.5mg Choline; 0.2mcg Vitamin B12; 0.3mg Zinc; 1.7mcg Selenium; 2.4g Fiber.