15-Minute Beef Barbeque Sandwich
- 1 pound beef round tip steaks, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3/4 cups prepared barbecue sauce
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add beef (half at a time) and stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Stir in onion and barbecue sauce; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon equal amount of beef mixture on bottom half of each roll; close with top half of roll.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 sandwich, 7 oz. total, 3 oz. steak) 359 calories; 8.7 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2.7 g monounsaturated fat); 75 mg cholesterol; 847 mg sodium; 42 g carbohydrate; 2.1 g fiber; 28 g protein; 8.6 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg vitamin B12; 3.3 mg iron; 27.1 mcg selenium; 4.1mg zinc.