wild west beef & smoked gouda grits
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated fully-cooked beef tips with gravy
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- SMOKED GOUDA GRITS
- 3 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, softened
1. To prepare Smoked Gouda Grits, bring water to a boil in medium saucepan. Slowly add grits, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add cheese and butter; stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Cover; set aside.
2. Meanwhile heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in beef tips with gravy; continue cooking until heated through, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Serve beef mixture over grits. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 480 calories; 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 100 mg cholesterol; 953 mg sodium; 41 g carbohydrate; 2.9 g fiber; 28 g protein; 7.6 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 3.8 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 24.7 mcg selenium; 4.5 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, and a good source of fiber.