tuscan burgers & avocado-tomato spread
This tasty new way to top Ground Beef burgers is sure to please your crowd. Fresh avocado, sun-dried tomatoes and a touch of garlic brings this burger to new heights.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 1 fresh California Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh fennel bulb (core removed)
- Mash avocado in small bowl (should be chunky, not smooth). Add sun-dried tomatoes and half of garlic; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine beef, remaining garlic, 2 tablespoons minced basil leaves and salt in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove patties from skillet. Place buns, cut side down in skillet, cook 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Place burgers on bottom of buns; top each with equal amounts avocado-tomato spread, fennel and remaining basil leaves. Close sandwiches.
Nutrition information per serving: 398 calories; 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 9 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 898 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrate; 10.1 g fiber; 31 g protein; 9.3 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 5.8 mg iron; 39.7 mcg selenium; 7.6 mg zinc; 98.6 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.