three-way cheesy beef pockets
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup prepared barbecue or taco sauce
- 2 cans (10 oz each) refrigerated pizza crust
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove from heat; pour off drippings.
2. Season with salt and pepper; stir in cheese and sauce.
3. On lightly floured surface, unroll each can of pizza dough; cut each into quarters. Spoon approximately 1/3 cup beef mixture onto center of each. Bring together 4 corners of dough over filling, pinching to seal. Loosely close straight edges of dough to form square-shaped pockets. (It is not necessary to seal edges completely.) Carefully transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake in 425°F oven 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
Suggestions: Microwave filling to save time. Place ground beef in microwave-safe dish. Cook on HIGH 3 minutes; stir to break up beef. Continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes until beef is no longer pink.
Tips from Our Cook: For pizza variety, prepared pizza sauce may be substituted for barbecue sauce and mozzarella cheese for cheddar.
Nutritional Information per sandwich using cheddar cheese and barbecue sauce: 341 calories; 21 g protein; 36 g carb.; 12 g fat; 3.6 mg iron; 807 mg sodium; 50 mg cholesterol. Per sandwich using mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce: 318 calories; 22 g protein; 36 g carb.; 10 g fat; 3.6 mg iron; 734 mg sodium; 43 mg cholesterol.