sushi-style beef roll
- 6 ounces cooked beef (roast or steak) cut into long thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 4 sheets nori (dried seaweed) about 8-inch square
- 1 cup thin strips fresh or leftover cooked vegtables (2 x 1/8 inch), asparagus, sugar snap peas, carrots, red bell pepperm, zucchini, green beans, avocado, green onions, green chile
- 1/4 cup reduced fat or regular Asian-style dressing
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- Additional Asian-style dressing, pickled ginger, wasabi paste and reduced-sodium soy sauce
Microwave rice on HIGH in microwave-safe bowl 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice. Set aside.
Center one sheet nori on bamboo sushi mat or sheet of parchment paper. Using wet hands, press 1/2 cup rice into thin layer over nori leaving 1/4-inch border around edges. Arrange 1/4 of vegetables and 1/4 of beef horizontally across the center of rice. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon dressing.
Starting at closest edge, tightly roll up nori enclosing ingredients using mat or parchment to aid in rolling and pressing gently to compact roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
To serve, cut each roll crosswise into 6 to 8 slices using wet, sharp knife. Serve with Toppings, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips: Moisten edge of nori with a small amount of water to aid with sealing nori roll, if needed.To serve as sushi-style rice bowls: Evenly layer heated rice, vegetables and beef strips into two medium shallow bowls. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons Asian dressing. Garnish with thinly sliced nori, as desired. Serve with Toppings, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving, 1/24 of recipe: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 6 mg cholesterol; 40 mg sodium; 6 g carbohydrate; 0.2 g fiber; 3 g protein; 1.3 mg niacin; 0.1 mg vitamin B6; 0.1 mcg vitamin B12; 0.5 mg iron; 3.7 mcg selenium; 0.5 mg zinc; 8.8 mg choline.
Nutrition information per serving, 1/32 of recipe: 31 calories; 0 g fat (0 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 4 mg cholesterol; 30 mg sodium; 4 g carbohydrate; 0.2 g fiber; 2 g protein; 1.0 mg niacin; 0.1 mg vitamin B6; 0.1 mcg vitamin B12; 0.4 mg iron; 2.8 mcg selenium; 0.4 mg zinc; 6.6 mg choline.