southwestern beef breakfast nachos
- 12 ounces cooked beef (such as roast, steak or pot roast), cut into bitesize pieces or shredded
- 3 cup frozen shredded potato nuggets
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat or regular Monterey Jack cheese
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- Chopped green onions or parsley
Place potato nuggets in single layer on rimmed baking sheet and bake according to package directions or until browned and crisped.
Push potatoes close together in single layer so edges touch slightly. Evenly layer with beef, enchilada sauce, eggs, bell pepper and cheese. Return to oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until ingredients are heated through and cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 304 calories; 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 170 mg cholesterol; 558 mg sodium; 14 g carbohydrate; 1.0 g fiber; 34 g protein; 11.2 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.7 mcg vitamin B12; 2.2 mg iron; 38.1 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc; 173.4 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.