south seas curried beef over jasmine rice
- 1 package (about 17 oz) refrigerated fully-cooked beef tips with gravy
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine or white rice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
Meanwhile combine coconut milk, curry powder, ginger and beef tips with gravy in nonstick skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in bell pepper and green onions; cover and simmer 2 minutes.
Serve beef mixture with rice. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Nutrition information per serving: 492 calories; 23 g fat; 61 mg cholesterol; 747 mg sodium; 52 g carbohydrate; 23 g protein; 4.7 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 3.8 mcg vitamin B12; 4.2 mg iron; 4.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc.