south of the boarder beef hash
One skillet, five ingredients and a few minutes are all you need to get this spiced up hash on the table!
- 1 pound Ground Beef (75% to 80% lean)
- 3 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien
- 1-1/2 cups prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1 can (4 to 4-1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Stir in potatoes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa and chilies; continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving: 422 Calories; 171 Calories from fat; 19g Total Fat (9 g Saturated Fat; 7 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 87 mg Cholesterol; 999 mg Sodium; 33 g Total Carbohydrate; 3.7 g Dietary Fiber; 28 g Protein; 3.9 mg Iron; 6.6 mg NE Niacin; 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.2 mg Zinc; 20.3 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber.