philly cheese steak pizza
- 1 pound beef round tip steaks, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large Italian bread shell (16 oz - approx 12-inch diameter)
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese (4 oz) or natural four cheese blend for pizza
Heat oven to 400°F. Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/2-inch wide strips. Set aside.
In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp. oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper and onion; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove to large bowl; set aside.
In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tsp. oil. Add beef, half at a time, and stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface is no longer pink. Do not overcook. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; add to vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
Place bread shell on baking sheet. Arrange beef mixture on top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake in 400°F oven 10 minutes or until cheese is melted; cut into 8 wedges.
Boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick, may be substituted for beef round tip steak. Cut into 1/4-inch strips, increasing stir-fry time approx. 2 minutes
Nutrition information per serving: 612 calories; 46 g protein; 55 g carbohydrate; 22 g fat; 6 mg iron; 1200 mg sodium; 97 mg cholesterol.