personal beef pizzas
Made exactly as you like it, these individual pizzas are fun to make together.
- 1 recipe Italian-Style Beef Sausage (see the link to the recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 4 round thin sandwich breads, any variety, split
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- TOPPINGS (Optional)
- Sliced black or green olives, sliced red or yellow bell peppers or sliced red onions
- ITALIAN-STYLE BEEF SAUSAGE
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon corriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Prepare Italian-Style Beef Sausage. Stir in pizza sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Keep warm and set aside.
Italian-Style Beef Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Place sandwich thins, cut sides up, on rack of broiler pan. Spoon equal amounts of sausage mixture on each bread half. Evenly sprinkle with cheese and toppings, as desired.
- Place pizzas on rack of broiler pan so surface of cheese is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition information per serving, using 80% lean ground beef: 424 Calories; 19 Calories from fat; 19g Total Fat (7 g Saturated Fat; 8 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 85 mg Cholesterol; 848 mg Sodium; 31 g Total Carbohydrate; 7.3 g Dietary Fiber; 33 g Protein; 4.4 mg Iron; 9.4 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 2.7 mcg Vitamin B12; 6 mg Zinc; 20.5 mcg Selenium; 74.4 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Choline.