one-dish beef stroganoff
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 pound sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tyme or 1 teaspoon drived thyme leaves
- 2 cups cooked whole grain wide noodle-style pasta
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon regular or coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, mushrooms, garlic and thyme; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking Ground Beef into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
2. Stir noodles and broth into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 9 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring twice. Stir in peas; continue cooking, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until peas are heated through, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup sour cream and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish with additional sour cream, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 444 calories; 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 86 mg cholesterol; 616 mg sodium; 48 g carbohydrate; 6.6 g fiber; 38 g protein; 14.4 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 5.7 mg iron; 25.0 mcg selenium; 7.8 mg zinc; 101.2 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline