olive tapenade meatloaf
Four ingredients - plus a little salt & pepper - is all is takes to create this delicious and unique olive tapenade meatloaf.
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (made from an onion sandwich roll)
- 1/3 cup prepared olive tapenade
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 8 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350°F oven 1 to 1-1/4 hours, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into slices. Serve with additional olive tapenade, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 349 Calories; 234 Calories from fat; 26g Total Fat (10 g Saturated Fat; 11 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 151 mg Cholesterol; 641 mg Sodium; 4 g Total Carbohydrate; 0.5 g Dietary Fiber; 27 g Protein; 3.7 mg Iron; 4.2 mg Niacin; 0.3 mg Vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.7 mg Zinc; 22.6 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Vitamin B6.