lean mean cheeseburger
Fulfill your burger cravings with these tasty classic beef burgers with added oats and seasonings.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning blend
- 4 seeded or whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices lowfat cheese, such as Cheddar or American
- NM roasted Hatch green chile,
- lettuce leaves, tomato slices
- Place oats in food-safe plastic bag. Seal bag securely, squeezing out excess air. Roll over bag with rolling pin to crush oats to a fine consistency.
- Combine Ground Beef, oats, and steak seasoning blend in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce and tomato, if desired; top with burger and cheese slice. Close sandwiches.
Recipe can be made in a 8-quart Air Fryer. Heat Air Fryer to 350°F. Place patties in basket and, cook for, 20 to 30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning patties after 12 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving, using 93% lean ground beef: 450 calories; 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 82 mg cholesterol; 745 mg sodium; 41 g carbohydrate; 1.2 g fiber; 37 g protein; 9.0 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 22.1 mcg selenium; 6.4 mg zinc; 83.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.