lazy beef lasagna
- 1 1/2 pound ground (90% to 95% lean)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (26 to 30 oz) prepared pasta or marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (20 to 25 oz) refrigerated or frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Heat oven to 400°F. Heat large nonstick over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings and return beef to skillet.
- Stir in salt, nutmeg and pepper; mix well. Stir in pasta sauce and water; bring to a boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Layer ravioli, beef mixture and cheese, 1/2 at a time, in 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish; cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 400°F oven 15 minutes (20 minutes if using frozen ravioli). Uncover; continue baking 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and pasta is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 419 calories; 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 103 mg cholesterol; 1182 mg sodium; 26 g carbohydrate; 4.6 g fiber; 36 g protein; 6.7 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.1 mg iron; 22.5 mcg selenium; 6.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc, and a good source of fiber.