italian-style beef sausage
Italian-Style Beef Sausage crumbles can be used in other recipes.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1. Combine Ground Beef, fennel seed, salt, coriander, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper and red pepper flakes in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving, using 80% lean ground beef: 235 calories; 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 369 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 0.4 g fiber; 23 g protein; 6.8 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.5 mg iron; 18.6 mcg selenium; 5.5 mg zinc; 74.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron and choline.
Nutrition information per serving, using 96% lean ground beef: 134 calories; 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 65 mg cholesterol; 351 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 0.4 g fiber; 22 g protein; 5.3 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12; 2.8 mg iron; 17.5 mcg selenium; 5.3 mg zinc; 80.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6, iron and choline.