italian-herb compound butter
Try this compound butter on your next steak recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in food processor container. Cover; pulse on and off until blended. Using parchment paper to hold butter mixture, roll it back and forth to form 2-inch diameter log. Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
To mold butter into shapes, pack prepared butter into molds prior to refrigeration.
Butter may be prepared ahead of time, wrapped or covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.