italian beef meatball sandwich rolls
Get this recipe. Ground Beef Italian-style sausage is stuffed with mozzarella cheese and baked in dough
- 1 recipe Italian-Style Beef Sausage (see the link to the recipe below)
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 12 cherry-sized mozzarella balls (about 6 ounces)
- 12 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce, chopped basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine Italian-Style Beef Sausage mixture, 1 egg and bread crumbs in large bowl; mixing thoroughly. Shape into 12, 2-inch meatballs. Place a mozzarella ball in the middle of each meatball, making sure the mozzarella ball is completely covered with the beef mixture. Place meatballs on aluminum-foiled lined broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 17 to 19 minutes.
Cook's Tip: Italian-Style Beef Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner), 1 teaspoon fennel seed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly, but thoroughly.
- Cut dough into 12 pieces, about 1 ounce each. Stretch each piece to cover 1 meatball, pinching the edges to seal. Place on parchment-lines shallow-rimmed baking sheet, seam-side down. Place remaining 1 egg in small bowl, beat with a fork. Brush rolls with egg; top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake rolls in 400°F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce and basil, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 232 Calories; 11.6g Total Fat; 5.7g Saturated Fat; 0.3g Polyunsaturated Fat; 1.5g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.1g Trans Fat; 79mg Cholesterol; 264mg Sodium; 142mg Potassium; 15g Total carbohydrate; 17g Protein; 2mg Iron; 2.2mg Niacin; 0.2mg Vitamin B6; 56.3mg Choline; 1mcg Vitamin B12; 2.3mg Zinc; 10.4mcg Selenium; 0.5g Fiber.