italian beef and cheese calzone
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) diced tomatoes with onions, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 package (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust dough
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings. Stir in tomatoes and oregano; continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle cornmeal evenly over rimmed baking sheet. Unroll pizza dough lengthwise on baking sheet, straightening edges of dough if necessary. Spoon beef filling over long half of dough, leaving 1-inch border on 3 sides. Gently lift and pull top half of dough over filling to enclose; pinch dough edges to seal.
3. Bake in 400°F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into 8 slices.
Nutrition information per serving, using 95% lean ground beef: 496 calories; 17 g fat(7 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 96 mg cholesterol; 758 mg sodium; 50 g carbohydrate; 2.2 g fiber; 39 g protein; 6.4 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 5.7 mg iron; 18.0 mcg selenium; 6.0 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitaminB6, vitaminB12, iron, selenium and zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.