irish hills reuben burger
Two of our favorite beef classics: the Reuben and the Burger combined into one delicious recipe. Is it a burger or a sandwich? That's your call.
- 1 lb 90% Lean Ground Beef
- 8 ounces Deli Corned Beef
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 8 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 4 Swiss cheese slices
- 4 Tablespoon Thousand Island dressing
- 4 hamburger buns
- Combine Ground Beef, pepper and, garlic in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese slice.
Cook's Tip: To prepare on stovetop, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
Line Top bun with 1 tablespoon thousand island dressing. Next place the burger patty on top the bottom bun and top with 2 ounces sauerkraut & 2 ounces corned beef. Close the sandwiches and serve with sides
Nutrition information per serving, 3 oz: 525 Calories; 232.2 Calories from fat; 25.8g Total Fat (9.7 g Saturated Fat; 0.3 g Trans Fat; 4 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 8.9 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 131 mg Cholesterol; 1633 mg Sodium; 28 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.7 g Dietary Fiber; 6.5 g Total Sugars; 45 g Protein; 2 g Added Sugars; 260.7 mg Calcium; 6.6 mg Iron; 702 mg Potassium; 0.1 mcg Vitamin D; 0.36 mg Riboflavin; 10.5 mg NE Niacin; 0.46 mg Vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 420 mg Phosphorus; 6.6 mg Zinc; 33 mcg Selenium; 92.7 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Calcium, Iron, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Potassium, and Choline.