holiday mini beef meatball skewers with cranberry barbecue sauce
These ground beef and zucchini mini meatballs are perfect for any holiday party. What could make them better? A cranberry barbecue sauce. This Beef. It's What's For Dinner. recipe is certified by the American Heart Association®.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1 cup gradet fresh zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- CRANBERRY BARBECUE SAUCE
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry ssauce
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine ground beef, zucchini, egg, salt and pepper in medium bowl, mixing lightly, but thoroughly. Shape into 24 1-inch meatballs. Alternately thread meatballs, red peppers, green peppers and onions onto each of twelve 6-inch skewers. Place skewers on shallow-rimmed baking sheet.
Cook's Tip: Cover shallow-rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Bake in 400°F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meatball registers 160°F.
Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce in medium saucepan; simmer 5 minutes or until flavors are blended. Drizzle sauce over skewers or serve as dipping sauce, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 134 Calories; 18.9 Calories from fat; 2.1g Total Fat (0.9 g Saturated Fat; 0.04 g Trans Fat; 0.2 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 0.8 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 40.5 mg Cholesterol; 167 mg Sodium; 20 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.4 g Dietary Fiber; 9.2 g Protein; 1.3 mg Iron; 226 mg Potassium; 2 mg Niacin; 0.2 mg Vitamin B6; 0.7 mcg Vitamin B12; 2.1 mg Zinc; 7.8 mcg Selenium; 41.8 mg Choline.
This recipe is a good source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.