fresh tomato, beef & penne pasta
This recipe offers lots of flavor with little time. Penne pasta is tossed with ground beef and fresh tomatoes for a meal that's perfect for any night of the week!
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and basil; toss. Sprinkle with cheese.
Test Kitchen Tips
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 401 calories; 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 115 mg cholesterol; 584 mg sodium; 29.4 g carbohydrate; 2.2 g fiber; 31 g protein; 7.4 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg vitamin B12; 3.9 mg iron; 19.5 mcg selenium; 6.3 mg zinc
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.