flatiron steak martini
- 10 ounces Flatiron Steak (10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1/4 cup sweet vermouth
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted juniper berries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Spanish olives
- 1 tablespoon pickled onions
- 1/2 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- breadsticks for garnish
Combine dry and sweet Vermouth, add beef; marinate 6 hours to overnight.
Combine toasted juniper berries, salt and cayenne. Season marinated beef with juniper berry mixture. Grill to medium-rare, remove from heat and allow beef to rest 5 minutes.
Slice across the grain and place in a martini glass. Top with olives, onions and blue cheese. Garnish with a bread stick for a stir-stick look.
Suggestions: Impress your guests by serving this fabulous appetizer in a martini glass!