english muffin style minature beef pizzas
Cheeseburgers and pizza? Two of our favorite things, combined into one.
- 1-1/2 pound Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 2 cup pasta sauce, any variety
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into small crumbles, stirring occasionally. Add pasta sauce, onion, bell pepper, Italian seasoning and salt; continue cooking 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Top each muffin half evenly with beef mixture and cheeses. Bake at 400°F 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition information per serving, using 95% lean ground beef: 407 Calories; 117 Calories from fat; 13g Total Fat (5 g Saturated Fat; 3 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 80 mg Cholesterol; 891 mg Sodium; 37 g Total Carbohydrate; 4.5 g Dietary Fiber; 35 g Protein; 4.9 mg Iron; 13.1 mg NE Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.8 mg Zinc; 20.2 mcg Selenium; 84.2 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, and Choline.