easy beef pizza
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin rings
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- PIZZA CRUST
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 oz) fast-rising dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water 125 degrees to 130 degrees F)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
Prepare pizza crust. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in large bowl. Stir in water and oil. Mix in enough remaining flour to form soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Sprinkle cornmeal on lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet. Roll dough to 12-inch circle; place on pan. Bake in 350°F oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings; season with Italian seasoning, fennel and red pepper.
Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Spread pizza sauce evenly on crust. Arrange bell pepper and green onion on sauce; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake in 450°F oven 7 to 10 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Cut into 8 wedges.
Nutrition information per serving: 453 calories; 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 46 mg cholesterol; 1084 mg sodium; 54 g carbohydrate; 3.4 g fiber; 30 g protein; 6.6 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg vitamin B12; 4.6 mg iron; 29.2 mcg selenium; 3.5 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber, vitamin B6.