Six ingredients are all you need to prepare this delicious, delectable deli burger recipe.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 8 ounces deli Corned Beef, coarsly chopped
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 ounces dil pickle burger chips (about 1/3 cup)
- 6 slices rye bread, toasted
- Combine Ground Beef and Corned Beef, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into six 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Evenly top with cheese during last minute of grilling. About 4 minutes before burgers are done, place bread on grid; grill until lightly toasted, turning once.
- Spread mustard over each slice of rye bread and cut in half. Place burger on one side of bread; top with pickles. Close sandwiches.
Test Kitchen Tips: Reduced-fat Swiss cheese may be substituted in this recipe.
Russian dressing may be substituted for mustard.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 338 calories; 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 99 mg cholesterol; 795 mg sodium; 15 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 34 g protein; 4.3 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.5 mg iron; 27.9 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc; 58.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, zinc, niacin, vitamin B12 and selenium, and a good source of iron and vitamin B6.