classic spaghetti and meatballs
This classic meatball recipe will never let you down! Make this a family favorite dinner staple in your house.
- 1 pounds Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (26 to 30 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounced uncooked spaghetti, cooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine meatball ingredients in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 2-inch meatballs. Place on aluminum foil-lined rack on broiler pan. Bake in 350°F oven 25 to 30 minutes.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground
- Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Combine meatballs and spaghetti sauce in large saucepan; heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition information per serving: 522 Calories; 121.5 Calories from fat; 13.5g Total Fat (4.3 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 2.3 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 4.5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 135 mg Cholesterol; 1282 mg Sodium; 61 g Total Carbohydrate; 5.7 g Dietary Fiber; 38 g Protein; 5.5 mg Iron; 1169 mg Potassium; 15.2 mg Niacin; 0.9 mg Vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg Vitamin B12; 7.8 mg Zinc; 65.2 mcg Selenium; 159 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Potassium, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline.