classic ranch burger
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 4 teaspoons Ranch Rub (recipe follows)
- 4 whole wheat or white hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup prepared reduced-fat creamy ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons canned french-fried onions
- romanie lettuce leaves
- tomato slices
Lightly shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Press Ranch Rub onto patties.
Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
Serve in buns with dressing, onions, lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition information per serving: 303 calories; 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 65 mg cholesterol; 825 mg sodium; 27 g carbohydrate; 3.5 g fiber; 26 g protein; 6.6 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12; 3.7 mg iron; 39.8 mcg selenium; 6.4 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc, and a good source of fiber.